Make sure bacteria doesn’t find a home in your Hot Tub! Warm water, especially warm water that isn’t moving, is a great breeding ground for bacteria. There are a few simple things you can do to combat bacteria.
- After you’ve finished using your hot tub, make sure all jet ports are opened and water is able to flow through them freely.
- If you have any diverter valves, turn them half way so that water is moving through every bit of plumbing at once.
- If you have a waterfall feature, make sure it is opened just a bit to ensure water can move through it.
- The best way to defeat bacteria is to ensure your sanitizer levels are in the right range
- Oh, and did we mention, make sure the water is able to circulate!
Contact your Backyard Leisure Water Care Specialist at 403-327-7665 for more information on how to keep your water sparkling clean!
Remember, you can bring us a water sample at any time and we’ll provide you with a FREE computerized analysis.
For answers to a ton of other questions, check out our Water Care FAQ page.